Hello Fitness lovers!
If you are reading my blog, it means you care about your health which makes me very happy. SO please, before hitting the gym, read the following:
- Create a balance routine where you get about 30 minutes of aerobic exercise on most days of the week and incorporate strength training of all the major muscle groups into a fitness routine at least 2 days a week.
- Plan to alternate among activities that emphasise different parts of your body, such as walking, swimming and strength training.
- Don’t start working out too long or too intensely and give up when your muscles and joints become sore or injured. Always, plan time between sessions for your body to rest and recover.
- Wear sports outfits that will not restrict your movements or blood flow. Choose sportswear which are made of high quality materials that can breathe well BUT also make sure they make you look fashionable and comfy. In my case I chose Superdry Sports outfits as my gym clothing because they make me look and feel my best.
- Finally, before exercising, drink lots of water and warm up by doing a less intense version of your intended workout for 5-10 minutes. Don’t forget to do stretches after warming up or exercising as this will help prevent muscle strain and injury.
Keep Well!! and Embrace Life.