When you find yourself angry or upset with another person, try this exercise from: “The Healthy Heart Kit” by Andrew Weil, MD:
- Close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths.
- Visualize the person who presents a difficulty for you.
- Focus on something you have in common with this person.
- Allow yourself to genuinely connect with this common quality or circumstance.
- Now imagine the perspective this person may have about this difficult situation.
- Allow yourself to acknowledge this person’s perspective. You don’t have to agree-simply connect with a compassionate heart.
- Notice any changes in your emotional state.
Have a Blessed Day!!